This post covers detailed information on Access 2016 there is no Object in this Control error. So, if anyone of you getting this error then do try all the fixes listed below in this blog.
Error name: There is no object in this control
Error number: Error 2683
Description: There is no object in this control.@@@1@@@1.
Screenshot Of The Error:
Well, this particular Access 2016 There is no Object in this Control error mainly occurs when the control properties can’t be adjusted which is applied to ActiveX Component.
What Are The Causes Of Access There Is No Object In This Control Error?
Above referenced there is no Object in this Control error usually arises due to the following reasons:
- Some different control has been installed where the older control was used.
- Access database control is somehow got corrupted.
- Either the control is not properly registered or installed.
- From the PC’s registry, the registration of the control is been removed now.
- Multiple versions of the control exist on the PC.
How To Fix There Is No Object In This Control Access Error 2683?
Method 1# Remove The Error Causing Control
To solve this issue perform the following:
- From your Access database remove the control box.
- Remove the installed controls from your PC.
- Reboot your PC.
- Delete all the files present in the %temp% folder.
- Register and reinstall the control from the installation instructions given along with the product.
- Now in your Access database application just Add the control once again.
Method 2# Install The MS Office Update:
Follow the below-given instruction to install the MS Office update correctly.
You may find the difference in the steps as per the MS Office version you are having in your PC.
- Office 365 (click-to-run):
- Start your MS Office application
- Tap to the File > Account
- Hit the Update Options down-arrow button and after that select the Update Now button.
Once it’s been updated, you can now verify the build. It must need to be more than 8326.2087.
- For traditional MS Office installations (Volume Licensing, TechSoup, MSI installations etc)
- Here is a link to go to the Microsoft Download page Click here.
- Scroll down and then hit the “Download update KB4011093 for 32-bit version of Office 2016“.
- Just download and install the Office update.
Well, this update is a part of regular Office/ Windows update in the future. For now, please install it manually using the above-given instructions.
Method 3# Unhide The Hidden Objects
Sometimes Access runtime error 2683 also occurs when objects get hidden. So you must apply the following solutions to unhide MS Access hidden objects.
- From the menu bar choose the Tools -> Options.
- Tap the View tab and check all the Hidden objects within the Show.
- Tap the OK button.
- Now go to Queries pane to watch out all the queries.
- You will see that all your hidden objects now start appearing but its icon is gray in color.
- Right-click the object’s name which you want to unhide and then unselect the “hidden “checkbox.
Method 4# Permission Denied To Access Object
The reason behind Access runtime error 2683 can also arise when permission not granted to your database objects.
As it is seen that some of the Access database permission by default indicates the other objects selection. Suppose, that you are allotting the modified data permission for a particular table. After which some other permission such as read data and reading design automatically gets added.
So all you need to do is just change the properties of the object and you will be able to use the database objects without any issue.
Check out this informative article:[3 Fixes] Access “You Don’t Have Necessary Permissions To Use Object” Error
Method 5# Access Database Repair & Recovery Tool
Unluckily, if the above solution won’t help you out to fix there is no object in this control Access error then the reason can be the corrupted Access database objects. So for this, you need to recover deleted/missing database objects with the help of a professional recommended tool i.e Access Database Repair and recovery.
Why To Choose Access Database Repair & Recovery Tool?
- It easily restores damaged or corrupt tables, queries, indexes, and other data.
- It comes with a powerful algorithm that scans even severely corrupted Access database files.
- Access database Repair And Recovery software is particularly designed to repair corrupt or damaged Access database.
- The highly interactive GUI of this software helps users to easily operate and repair Access database without making changes in the original structure of the file.
I have mentioned all the possible fixes to resolve Access there is no object in this control error. So, try them and don’t forget to share your experiences with us.
Besides this, if anyone of you, have more ideas to resolve this specific error code then freely share your ideas with us too.
Good Luck….with the post.