Have you ever encountered with the Access Database query corruption issue? Well if yes then what’s your initiative to resolve such a query corruption issue. It’s good if you know the fixes but if you don’t have any idea of such then also need not to worry.
As, this tutorial is written with the main prospective of providing you with the best solution to fix up your corrupted Access Database query. So, just go down to know the best fixes to resolve corrupt query issue of Access Database.
What Is MS Access Query Corruption?
Queries are combination of various tables and it include lots of commands like insert, create, delete, select and many other. These queries are much simple but bit of modification can cause disasters. So, you need to deal very carefully with the Access database queries diligently.
Actually what happens when you attempt to save modified query or run a query, ms access application quits without showing an error message. Moreover, when later on you tries to Access your database again, the database fails to mount and becomes inaccessible.
Improper way of handling access database can often occur that results in an unusable database or to the state in which database experiences random errors or sometimes starts performing inconstantly.
Why Access Database Encounters Such Corruption issues?
Corruption issue encounters in any database that has lost some of its data or functionality. This usually occurs when there is an error in the database underlying binary file format.
But as you know minor corruption issue is automatically get fixed with the help of Jet Database Engine. As, it has such power to automatically fix minor database problems like reading or writing data to tables without getting aware to the users. But if in case the corruption issue is not fixed automatically then it will often spread and end up at the unrecoverable stage. So, it’s better to take some action at the Access Database corruption’s initial stages. But before that it’s important to get confirmed that is your access database is actually get corrupted or something else is showing issue.
How To Know If Access Database Query Is Corrupt?
Access database not only contains data, but along with this it also contains objects. Such Access Database objects are tables, queries, reports, forms, macros and modules. MS Access Query Corruption happen either during modification of the query or after executing the query. Common access database query errors which indicate the corruption of the access query are as follows:
- “Operation must use an updateable query” error
- “System Resource Exceeded” Error
- “ORA-01013 User Requested Cancel of Current Operation”
- “Cannot Group On Fields Selected With ‘*'”
- Access Query Dlookup not returning value #error
- ms access query invalid operation
How To Fix MS Access Query Corruption?
MS Access queries are built with numerous conditional statements, so minor changes in the queries can results into complete damage of the maintained database. To resolve issues of such database damages, the best way is to restore data from an updated backup copy of database. But what if there is no backup of database available to restore corrupt access database data.
If you don’t have the proper and complete backup then also you need not to worry. Because this times also you can easily troubleshoot and resolve this issue on your own. For that you need to clear all Name AutoCorrect options. To perform this follow the below mentioned steps:
- Hit the Optionsbutton on Tools menu to open up the Options dialog box.
- After opening of the dialog box tap to the General
- Clear the below check boxes under Name AutoCorrect option:
- Track name AutoCorrect into
- Perform name AutoCorrect
- Log name AutoCorrect changes
- Click OK.
You may also like:
Method 2: Restore Objects In A Database
To restore one or more objects in database, import the objects from backup copy of the database into the database which contains the object that you want to restored.
1. Open database in which you want the get the object.
2. For Restoring the missing objects, skip steps 3. But for replacing objects which contains bad or missing data or such objects that all of a sudden stopped working correctly, try one of the following.
- To preserve the current object, to compare it with the restored version after you restore, or to rename object before you restore it.
e.g: for restoring the damaged form named Checkout, assign new name to damaged form i.e Checkout_bad.
- Delete the object that you want to replace.
Note: be careful during the deletion of the database objects as sometime they also could be linked to other objects.
- Hit the External Data, and in Import & Link group, tap to the Access option.
- In Get External Data-Access Database dialog box, hit the Browse option to select the backup database, and then hit to Open.
- Select Import tables, queries, forms, reports, macros, and modules into the current database, and then click OK.
- In Import Objectsdialog box, hit the tabs that corresponds to the type of objects which you want to restore
Eg: to restore a table, hit to the Tables tab.
- Click the object to select it.
- To restore more objects just repeat the step no.6 and 7 until you have selected all the objects that you want to restore.
- Review import option before importing the objects, in the Import Objectsdialog box, tap to the Options
- After selecting the objects and import setting options, tap to the OK option to restore the objects.
For proper and complete backup consider using a product that performs automated backup of a system file like file server backup software or USB external backup device.
In order to Recover & Repair Severely Corrupt MS Access Database queries you need to use Access Repair And Recovery software. As it is the highly recommended option to repair corrupt MS Access database files i.e MDB or ACCDB. It’s also very efficient to recover and restore tables, queries, forms, macros, reports, etc.
Other Standard Features Of This Recovery Tool:
- Supports all access versions, including 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, 97, 95 and 2.0
- Retrieves tables and queries, relationships between tables, forms, reports and macros
- Restores indexes, modules, links to external tables.
At the end, it’s our recommendation to try the manual fixes very carefully. If other database or programs have links to object in database that you are restoring. At that time it’s become critical that you restore database to correct location. If you don’t do this links to the database will not work. But if you are unable to perform the manual fixes then go with the third option i.e Access Repair And Recovery Software.
So from now onwards you don’t need to take headache of such correction or data loss issue in your Access Database. If you are encountering other issues than this then also tell us your problem in our FAQ section i.e http://ask.accessrepairnrecovery.com.