This blog emphasizes on how to fix Access Database .mdb or .accdb file corruption issue. So, have a look over some quick fixes regarding corrupt Access Database 2010/2013/2016.
Generally MS Access database are saved in .mdb/.accdb files formats and the database which is created with MS Access save user data in tables. However MS Access database is used to store different information in private organization and Government departments like number of students in schools, annual crop production in a region etc.
Generally the networking administrators saves the sensitive access database on access server so that it can avoid its unauthorized access. But sometimes MDB/ACCDB files may get corruption issues because of several factors like damaged networking cable, due to virus attack, corrupt storage media etc. If you too are encountering the same issue then undoubtedly try out these mentioned solution in this post. As these mentioned solutions will surely fixes up your MS Access Database Corruption Issue.
How To Identify Access Database Corruption?
Well MS Access database gets damaged because of several reasons after then it displays several error messages on desktop screen. One can easily identify the Access Database MDB/ACCDB file Corruption through occurrence of these errors.
- “Unexpected database corruption in MS Access Database”
- “Error Converting a Database with a Large Number of Forms That Have Modules”
- “Invalid Page Fault in Microsoft Access”
- “Project in This Database Is Corrupt”
- “Unrecognized Database Format”
- “Xyz Index is not an index in this table”
- “Database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can’t open it”
- “The Microsoft Jet Database Engine could not find object” Unexpected error 35012 (opening file) (possibly network related corruption)
- This object needs a newer version of the Microsoft Jet database module (Check you have the latest service packs installed before assuming corruption)
- Operation failed – too many indexes – reduce the number and try again
- Access crashes (Invalid Page Fault/GPF) when opening the database
- The instruction at “0x????????” referenced memory at “0x????????”. The memory could not be ‘written’ (remove any Access plug-ins before assuming corruption)
- The Visual Basic for Applications Project in this database Is Corrupt
- The Microsoft Jet Database Engine could not find object Msys*/databases. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name correctly and the path name correctly
- Could not find field ‘***’
- Invalid Bookmark
- Access starts losing table records randomly
- #DELETED# appears in tables when multi-user access is not used
How To Repair Corrupt Access Database Manually?
When MDB files of system gets corrupted or damaged because of MS Access program, then you should re-install MS Office suite on hard drive. You should uninstall old copy of MS Office Suite from your system before applying this. Therefore to uninstall MS office suite from your system, you should follow the below mentioned steps:
- First go to start>settings> control panel
- Hit on “Add or remove programs”
- After that select MS Office version from software list
- Then hit right button on “remove”
When the old copy of MS Office is removed, re-install it from an installation CD or from other drives. By doing this will help you to fix some corruption issues of MDB/ACCDB files.
However Microsoft Corporation has included “Compact and repair Database” utility to repair small corruption errors of MDB files. Some of the steps are mentioned below that can be used:
- First open MS Access application window
- Then hit on Access icon which is on the right window side
- After that open manage> compact and repair database
- Then select access database file for repair
- At last hit on “compact” button to begin database recovery
This process attempts to create a new file and import the data from the corrupted database. To do this follow done these steps:
- Start Microsoft Access.
- Select for a Blank Access Database and click OK.
- Assign a new name to your database and choose a file location, after then click to Create
- Now click on the File menu, go to Get External Data and select Import.
- Locate and select your corrupted database and click to the Import option
- If in case you don’t receive any import object window than this process can’t recover your access database otherwise, continue.
- Click to the Tables tab at the top of the Import Object Window and click Select All. Do the same thing for other 6 tabs also in the window. At last click the OK button when done.
After completing all these, the data from corrupted database should now be in the files that you have just created.
However “compact and repair database” recovers indexes, tables and hyperlinks successfully from damaged MDB files. But it fails to extract forms, stored procedures and modules from corrupt MS Access database. With the help of it, you can easily restore macros, forms and modules only from backup of access database files. But if you don’t have any backup folder then you should use third party tool to get back all the deleted files.
Go With The Most Appropriate Solution: MS Access Repair & Recovery
So to get back the files, make use MS Access Repair & Recovery Tool which is used to repair MDB/ACCDB files. This repair tool is very powerful which ensures fast and perfect retrieval of objects from corrupt Access database.
With the help of this software, one can easily repair several corrupt access databases in single click. It displays all the recovered database objects which include tables, indexes, primary keys, fields, date formats, macros, modules and forms in a tree structure. It supports MS Access 95, 97, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 etc and also compatible with all versions of MS Windows.
Steps To Fix Access Database Corruption Issues