Read this following post to know the actual cause of getting Access execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error. Besides that, the article features detailed information on different ways to fix execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error Access 2016.
There are several Access database users found complaining about this specific error. So have a look over one of those users’ queries.
I have a new application that I created a Run Time pkg for and it is working great as long as I am signed in as the network administrator. I then copy the shortcut to the desktop of another user and try to run it and I get the above error when I go into a screen that updates a MS Access DB on the network and pulls info in from a SQL server. I am using SQL authentication to the SQL Server so I don’t think that is the problem but I think it is having an issue updating the access DB on the network server because in Form Load where I get this error that is what it is doing.
I have given Everyone in the network full access to this folder and still get the error. Does anyone have experiece with this or have any advice on what I can do to get around this or debug it?
Thank you very much.
Error name: Execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error
Error number: Error 7898
Description: Execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error.@The application can’t continue and will be shut down.@@1@@@3.
What Are The Circumstances Of Getting Execution Of This Application Has Stopped Due To A Run-Time Error?
There are many circumstances under which you may get Access Execution Of This Application Has Stopped Due To A Run-Time Error. I have listed down some most frequent ones. So have a look over them:
- Multiple users are sharing one single Access database and you are trying to open a specific report or form.
What Are The Causes Of Access Execution Of This Application Has Stopped Due To A Run-Time Error?
Following causes triggers execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error.
- Opening of the same database file by multiple users at the same time.
- By mistake Compact On Close database, option is selected.
- In your database settings, both Track name AutoCorrect info and Perform name AutoCorrect option are selected.
- The report or form object which you are trying to open may have contained the embedded macro within the form or control event.
These entire situations hinder the execution of the Access database. As a result of which you will start getting execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error.
How To Fix Access Execution Of This Application Has Stopped Due To A Run-Time Error?
Try the following troubleshooting ways to fix the execution of this application that has stopped due to a run-time error.
1# Use The Compatibility Mode
Sometimes the presence of a huge number of tables in one single database or migration from the older version havocs the MS Access application performance.
Try the following steps:
- Go to the MS Access executable file’s location. Here are 2 locations where you can look for it.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Make a right-click on MS Access executable file and choose the properties Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Within the Compatibility mode make a check across Run this program in compatibility mode.
- From the drop-down menu hit Windows 7.
- Tap the OK button and restart your PC.
2# Run Your Access Database As Administrator
This type of Access database error also occurs when the database is not from the trusted location.
Untrusted Access database hinders the normal execution of macros. This result in execution of this application has stopped due to run-time error.
- Make a check whether the references are also available in the VBA project.
- Ensure that all MS Access updates have been installed on your PC and run it as administrator.
To run it as an administrator, follow this path: make a right-click on the MS Access > More >Run as administrator.
3#Try The Online Repair Option
The first option that you can try to fix “this Execution Of This Application Has Stopped Due To A Run-Time” error is repairing the MS Office application online.
This whole procedure only takes a few minutes to get completed. Some steps of this method may slightly vary as per the Operating system you are using.
- Open the Control Panel on your PC.
- Hit the Uninstall a program option.
- Search for the Microsoft Office program in the following list of programs. Once you get it make a tap on it.
- Choose the Change option from the toolbar present in the top section of the program list.
- From the opened dialog box you have to choose the Quick Repair After that tap the Repair button.
- Once you complete all this, just try to run your MS Access database application which is giving you the error.
- If still, you are getting the same error, then repeat steps 1 to 4. In step no. 5 instead of choosing Quick repair option, press the Online Repair button.
Note: For this Online Repair it’s compulsory to have an active Internet connection.
If the Online Repair doesn’t resolve the issue, we need to try uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office.
How To Prevent Access the Execution Of This Application Has Stopped error?
To prevent this Access the Execution Of This Application Has Stopped error, you can perform any of the following methods:
- Split your Access database into front-end and back-end. As in this way each user has a local copy of the front-end database.
- Go to the File -> Options -> Current Database –> Application Option. Here you have to uncheck the Compact On Close check box.
- Remove the embedded macros from the report or form. Replace it either with the VBA event procedures or named macros.
MS Access database is very much prone to errors and corruption. Mainly if your database is installed on your shared network folder or due to network connectivity. This ultimately results in the inaccessibility or corruption of the Access database.
That’s why you are suggested to maintain a proper backup of the Access database file in order to avoid a data loss situation.
For preventing your Access database data from being messed up, compact the Access database file or just convert the database from ACCDB to ACCDE file format.