Many Access users who are totally familiar with the MS Access, then this doesn’t mean that they’ll never go through with any corruption or never get errors in their working life. And there are many kinds of MS Access error blots, and issues that can appear to the users from time to time.
If you are the one, who goes through with an Access denied file error in the Windows system, you are not alone. Many Windows users have got it. This usually occurs when they are accessing or making changes to a file. Sometimes, the error may appear while copying files from a previous version of Windows.
But in professional and working life, it is very common and you don’t keep away yourself from using this application.
And if you are struggling to copy and paste files in MS Access, and every time getting popup messages like Microsoft Access Cannot Paste the Data error then RELAX! Here in this post, you’ll find out the complete information about Access cannot copy and paste data error and how to fix paste errors in Access.
Before knowing about, the Errors Encountered While Copy And Paste Data In Access, Reasons Behind Such Errors Or MS Access Clipboard Problem With Paste, How to Copy and Paste Data from Excel to Access? And the fixes of MS Access paste errors, firstly you’ve to take a look towards the scenarios.
I’ve got a DB with Access (2000 format) but I am currently using an MS Access 2010 version. My concern is, the other day I realized that the DB has a local table called ‘Paste Errors’. I’ve never created such table in my DB, but it was automatically created, so I don’t know which is the function of this table, I opened it and it shows only numbers…Therefore I want to know whether this table is needed or not, and why it appeared without any command…
I am new here and I need some help if possible…
I am running some append queries appending to a table with defined multiple-primary key… some of the records emerge twice and as such they are deleted…
however, I would like to review records that have been deleted and there is no paste errors table… also after running the query, Access displays the message with violations, but there is no usual message with pasting the records into the paste errors table…
i am not an expert in access so i would like to know if i have done something to disable putting deleted errors in paste errors table…
Errors Encountered While Copy And Paste Data In MS Access
While performing the copy and paste data in the MS Access, then that time you may get the errors like:
- Not enough memory clipboard error
- The data on the Clipboard is damaged, so Microsoft Access can’t paste it
So, these are the two clipboard error encountering while copy and paste action.
Reasons Behind Such Errors Or MS Access Clipboard Problem With Paste
- Due to Dirty data- Dirty data is the chief reason behind the paste errors. Sometimes, if the layout of your Access table may change, then the values might get kicked out if they are not well-matched with the data type for the field in which they attempted to land.
- Due to Missing fields– Many users who are in a hurry will try to paste without selecting destination fields or try to paste into the wrong destinations of the MS Access.
- Validation rules– You can try the field validation rule to identify the criterion which valid for the field values should meet. However, to identify the current field rule you must try to use a field in the function.
But, numerous people who frequently paste data from Excel to Access or some other sources into their datasheets, then it is recommended to always keep a backup of data before you paste.
The Effective Fixes To Fix Paste Errors In Access
Fix #1: There Should Not Any Decimal Points In The First Row Of MS Access Data
Always sure that there should not any decimal points in the first row of your Access data which you have copied.
Fix #2: Paste Special
In the MS Access, you have to click to the dropdown arrow on the Paste icon and select the Paste Special.
Fix #3: Copy & Paste A Single Row Data At A Time
You have to always keep in mind that, you can Copy & Paste a single row data at a time.
Fix #4. How To Restore Lost & Deleted Access (.Accdb) File While Fixing Paste Errors?
While fixing the issue “the data on the clipboard is damaged so Microsoft Access can’t paste it”, and that time if all your essential files get deleted. Then you can easily get back those erased files by using Access Database Repair & Recovery Software.
This recovery software is recommended for repairing corrupted/damaged Access database (ACCDB/ MDB) files and recover hidden/lost data.
Make use of this recommended software is a great choice because it includes the numerous features as follows:
- Restore linked tables, forms, modules, tables, reports, indexes, queries, deleted records, relations, and macros.
- Recover modules and form though it is password encrypted.
- It supports Microsoft Access 2010/2013/2016 versions.
- It also provides the ‘Find’ feature for searching the objects in the repaired database.
- Works well with all OS VERSION 10, 8, 8.1, 7, 2003 & XP, Vista, etc.
How Do I Copy And Paste Data From Excel To Access?
The best resolution to use the MS Access, where you can simply copy and paste data from Excel to Access or from one table to another is by using the Import Spreadsheet.
When you have copy data to the clipboard, then you have to simply close the MS Excel. And if showing this type of error message: “There is a huge amount of the information on your clipboard”. Do you want to paste this data into another program later?
Then you have to click yes to save your data on the clipboard. Now you can easily paste your copied data into the Access without any problems.
To copy and paste data from Excel to Access, just follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, you have to choose and copy data in Excel which you need to add to another table.
- Then, open the table in the MS Access, then paste your copied data info in the Access table where you want to maintain them.
- Now, at the end of your table, you have to choose a vacant row.
- Then, choose the Home option > Paste > and Paste Append.
After discussing the steps to Copy and Paste Data from Excel to Access, now it’s time to know the fixes of MS Access Clipboard problem with paste.
Facing of error like MS Access clipboard damaged or unable to get data from clipboard are common issues in Access. But I must say that now you can easily fix MS Access paste errors by the above-given information.
Although, the MS Access is the main application that is commonly used in our daily life, so it is suggested to manage the Access (.accdb) file properly. Hence, follow the step by step guide to protecting your (.accdb) files from getting further damaged or corrupted.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned information about how to fix paste errors in Access will definitely helpful for you all to resolve error related issues of your daily life.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- 4 Common MS Access Memo Field Problems Along With It’s Fixes
- How To Resolve “Access Form Not Updating Table” Issue In Access 2010/ 2013/2016 database?
- 3 Instant Fixes To Resolve MS Access “the Database In An Unexpected State” Error
- 6 Microsoft JET Database Engine Error ‘80004005’ Along With Their Fixes…!