Summary: If you have ever come across Microsoft Access Runtime 3024 Error or if you are looking for easy solutions on how to fix Microsoft Access Runtime Error 3024, then you have came to right webpage. Here, in this post we are going to discuss about MS Access error 3024 and its 3 ways to fix it.
Just the read the post till the end!
But among the 3 ways, we strongly recommend you to use MS Access Repair and Recovery Tool to solve Access Error Code 3024.
With the help of Access Repair and Recovery Tool, one can:
- Easily fix and repair Microsoft Access 3024 error could not filnd the file and other related errors
- Effectively repair and restore corrupted, virus infected MS Access database (.accdb & .mdb) files
- Restore deleted records and other Access database objects
- Recover password protected modules and forms and many more
- Preview recoverable database file within the software before you proceed further to save files on your PC
- 100% safe and secure and easy to operate
Download Microsoft Access Runtime 3024 Error Repair Tool Below:
What is MS Access Runtime Error 3024 Error?
Access Runtime error 3024 message appears when you run Structured Query Language (SQL) against an Oracle Database through Data Access Objects (DAO). The error message appears like this:
Run-Time Error 3024
Couldn’t find file C:\Program Files\DevStudio\VB\<schema name>.mdb.
This error mainly occurs when you try to specify a schema name in your SQL statement and you use DAO with oracle. Whereas, the <schema name> in the error message is for the Oracle Object you reference.
Causes Of Runtime Error 3024
The error message mainly generated because DAO tries to find an .mdb file in the local directory that matches the schema name you specified for the Oracle object in your SQL.
sql = “SELECT * FROM scott.emp”
Set wks = Workspaces(0)
Set con = wks.OpenDatabase(“dseOracle”, False, False, _
Set rss = con.OpenRecordset(sql, dbOpenSnapshot)
This code produces this error because DAO tries to find the scott.mdb file.
Other Reasons Behind Microsoft Access Runtime Error 3024?
There could be many reasons for the occurrence of Microsoft Access 2016 Runtime error. Some of the common causes are mentioned below:
- Damage or corruption to the Windows system files. Damage to the related MS Access software system files entries (install or uninstall) could be the main reason
- Improper or incomplete installation of Access software may lead to error 3024
- Third party applications may accidentally deleted the MS Access related files
- Virus or malware infection can easily corrupt files stored on your system including your MS Access files
There could be any factors that can cause Access error 3024. Hence the most important thing is to keep track when and where your 3024 error occurs and fixing the problem then and there is most important, as it help in quickly detect the problem and troubleshooting it. However, if you are not able to detect what causes the problem you can follow the below mentioned solutions to resolve Microsoft Access Runtime Error 3024.
Resolutions To Fix Microsoft Access Runtime Error 3024
Solution 1: Add the dbSQLPassThrough option to the OpenRecordset
If you add the dbSQLPassThrough option to the OpenRecordset method, the above mentioned sample code will run without error. You can put brackets around the table name in the SQL String to avoid the error too:
sql = “SELECT * FROM [scott.emp]”
As other alternative option, you can also use an advanced data access technology, such as ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) to avoid this error.
Solution 2: Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc/scannow”)
System File Checker is the inbuilt tool that comes in Windows System that allow users to scan and fix corruption in Windows system files including those files that is related to error 3024.
Below find out how to run System File Checker on Windows:
- Click Start and type “command” in the search box but do not press ENTER button
- Now holding both CTRL-Shift press Enter button
- You will get prompted with dialogue box that will ask your permission. Click “Yes”
- A black window will open with cursor blinking
- Now type “sfc/scannow” and then press ENTER
- After this command, the System File Checker will scan your PC for any type of system file errors including those for Error 3024
- Once scan process complete simply follow the on screen instruction. That’s all!
- System File Checker is a handy tool included with Windows that allows you scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files (including those related to run time error 3024).
Solution 3: Perform Windows System Restore
- Start your PC and log in as Administrator
- Now click Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools and then click on System Restore
- A new Window will get open. Select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and then click on Next button
- You must select the most recent system restore point from the option list and then click Next
- On confirmation window click Next
- Once the restoration process completes, restart your PC
System Restore is a feature that allows users to bring back the system to an earlier point. You can select the point when you were not getting the MS Access error 3024.
Way 3: By Using MS Access Runtime Error 3024 Repair Tool [Recommended]
If your problem still not fixed then you can take help of Microsoft Access Run time Error 3024 Repair Tool which is perfect and recommended MS Access Repair and Recovery Tool. It will help you in fixing Access Error code 3024 and other related errors like Solve Run Time Error 2450 MS Access Can’t Find The Form, fix access “cannot open database” error, Fix MS Access Run-time 3146 ODBC Call Failed Error, fix ‘80004005’ Error Message in MS Access Database and much more. It can also repair and recover corrupted and virus infected MS Access database (.accdb & mdb) files. The software comes in user friendly interface and therefore it is very easy to use. Below find out steps by step guide on how to fix MS Access error 3024 using Access Repair and recovery software.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How to get rid of “Could not delete from the specified tables”?
- Easily repair “The database in an unexpected state” !
- Access 2010, Web databases other compatibility errors
- How to fix MS Access Error 3043
Steps to Repair Microsoft Access Runtime Error 3024
Step 1 – Download and install the MS Access Database Repair software. After installing, select the corrupt Access file for repairing by clicking on “Select file”.
Step 2: This software will give you the list of all searched file in a drive. Select the file you want to repair and click on “Repair” button.
Step 3: The repairing process will start as you see in the image below and you can see the log report for detailed analysis.
Step 4: Once the repairing process completes, click on “OK” button to see the preview of the database objects.
Step 5: You can now see the preview of the repaired file.
Step 6: The tool will save repaired database by default to the location where the corrupted database was saved but it will rename the file. However, you can select your own desired location to save repaired database.
Step 7: Once you select the desired location you can then see that saving is under process.
Step 8: Finally, saving completed.
By reading the above post I hope you might have understood about the MS Access error 3024 and luckily hope that by following the above mentioned solutions you are able to fix Microsoft Access Runtime Error 3024.