Is your access database is showing frequent error message regarding “Could Not Update Record Locking“Error? Looking for some instant fixes to solve this? If yes then you are at the right place as this tutorial is written with the main prospective of providing user with solution to fix this particular Access Error 3218. So let’s fix it….!
We know that MS Access plays very important role in maintain a large amount of data in a sequential way, it is the very important application for small to mid-sized enterprises and also used by many individual business owners for maintaining and running their valuable information. But sometime because of any minor or major corruption you cannot access the stored information from the access database, this is very dangerous situation for anyone because MS Access database corruption may harm its owner financially.
There are lots of reasons available that may affect the components of accdb file and damaged it, once it gets corrupted then it display error message like:
- Error 3218 “Could not update; currently locked.”
- Error 3197 “The database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.”
- Error 3260 “Couldn’t update; currently locked by user <name> on machine <name>.”
Don’t ignore any types of Access error because it can corrupt your database permanently, when you get error message from your MS Access file then immediate apply best recommended manual procedure to fix the occurred issue. Well, in this article complete guide to fix MS Access error is given, apply them to make your database healthy.
Causes Of Access Error 3218 “Could not update; currently locked.”
- Due to damaged components of database application.
- When user tries to modify the record which has been locked by a user.
- Because of executing two or more instances of the Microsoft Access application on the same PC.
- The software is using page record locking and has gone beyond the 4K limit.
- The back-end software exists on a Novell Server and the utmost record locks have been go beyond.
Steps To Fix Access Runtime Error 3218 Manually
- Make or Split the database into a Back-end and Front-end
- Place the Front-end software to every users local computer
- Allocate a Front-end MDE instead of an MDB
- Don’t requisite data entry forms to a multi-table query
- Reorganize tables to decrease the size of the records particularly Memo and OLE fields.
- Avoid run update queries on records that the users are at present modifying.
To fix corruption issue you can follow these mentioned steps:
- Repair the Back-end data file and Front-end application.
- Use the JetComp to restore a damaged database.
- De-compile the Front-end software to avoid corruptions.
- You can also create a new blank database and import objects from the obtainable database into the new one.
Other Way To Fix This Error: Using Access Database Recovery Tool
You can get rid of this run-time error 3218 with the help of above given solution but sometime the above discussed method doesn’t work. If you are unable to fix access database manually then it is sure that database components gets damaged very badly. In this case you need a third party application like MS Access Database Repair tool, such tool can easily fix any types of access error without need of any previous created backup. This tool is very easy to use so that you cannot need any extra knowledge to fix MS Access error. You can easily restore corrupted MDB file and all objects with the help of this tool. So Apply it and gets back your inaccessible important data with ease.