Facing issue while accessing your MS Access Database? Or is your access database get corrupted or damaged somehow? Have you ever think why this happening with your Access Database? Or have you taken any step to Repair the MS Access Database Files issue.
You might be thinking, what kind of daunting task it would be to fix Access database corruption. But it’s important to preserve your important access database stuffs.
Well if you are looking for the right fixes to resolve Corrupt Access Database then this blog will surely going to help you a lot.
What Makes Your Access Database To Get Corrupt?
Well there are lots of factors that can affect a MS Access Database and make them damaged. Once the Access database gets damaged then user gets unable to access the stored information or manage the database properly.
- Fault in Network Connection – Access Database located on the server and when you try to access the database from another system through network links and if there is some connection issue then it becomes inaccessible. While accessing the database if there is any fault in network connection, then accessing the database remotely can make it corrupted.
- Virus/Malware attack – Virus or malware attacks can corrupt any data stored on your system including your stored Access MDB file. Hence, protect your PC with anti-virus or anti-malware program.
- Bad sector available in hard drive – If a bad sector is available in your hard drive where your Access MDB file is stored then it is obvious that your database will get corrupt/damage. In this case, you will only be able to read part of the MDB file and it may be full of errors.
In this blog you will read about the top 5 manual methods to fix a damaged or error showing MS Access database.
Error Encounters After The Access Database Corruption:
Here are some most common error messages that appear after the MS Access Database Corruption:
- Unrecognized Database Format.(Ensure you are using the correct version of Access)
- #DELETED# appears in tables when multi-user access is not used
- The database is in an unexpected state.
- Invalid Bookmark
- The database ‘mdb’ needs to be repaired or isn’t a database file.
- Access crashes (Invalid Page Fault/GPF) when opening the database
- The Microsoft Jet Database Engine could not find object Msys*/databases. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name correctly & the path name correctly
- Access starts losing table records randomly
How To Repair The Corrupt MS Access Database Manually?
Try out the following manual fixes to resolve corrupt .mdb or .accdb file.
Method 1: Apply The Microsoft Jet Compact Tool
This tool is perfect to get rid of any minor issue in Microsoft Access database; this Microsoft utility is very easy to use. You can download this tool for free from:
Method 2: Use Previous Database Backup
If you have an updated backup of your MS Access database then you can restore your MS Access database without need of any tool. Apply any of the below method to import the tables:
Step 1: Open the table and remove/delete all rows from backup. After it, copy the data with the help of ADO (VBA code) from damaged or error showing database.
Step 2: You can also use the Access “Import Wizard” to import all data table.
Method 3: Apply Inbuilt Compact And Repair Database
You can take the help of an inbuilt tool, this tool is able to deal with corruption in large size database file. Via this tool you can also reduce the size of database file firmly. Apply the below steps to repair MS Access Database.
Step 1: Open the Microsoft Access program and click on the Database Tools tab
Step 2: Click on Compact and Repair Database.
Step 3: In the Database to Compact From dialog box -> browse the MS access database file and choose the file(s) and then click on Compact.
Step 4: After it, you have to create a fresh database in the Compact Database Into dialog box. Enter the name of file and click Save button.
Method 4: Try to Import Corrupt Database into new MS Access Database
Step 1: Create a fresh database file, click External Data tab on the top.
Step 2: Click Access to import Access database.
Step 3: A new window will appeared with the name of Get External Data – Access Database. In this window, click on the Browse button and choose the Access database file to import.
Step 4: After it, browse and choose the Access database file in the File Open dialog box. Click Open for confirmation and then, click on OK to continue the process.
Step 5: Choose the object in the Import Objects dialog box and then, click OK.
Step 6: Check Save import steps box and click Close.
Method 5: Turn off AutoCorrect feature
Apply the below steps to disable this option:
How to turn off AutoCorrect feature in MS Access 2010?
Navigate to File-> Options-> Current Database and unselect all option (check under Name AutoCorrect Options).
How to turn off AutoCorrect feature in MS Access 2007?
Navigate to the Access logo-> Access Options and uncheck the Track Name Autocorrect Info.
How to turn off AutoCorrect feature in MS Access 2000, 2002, and 2003?
Navigate to the Tools-> Options-> General and uncheck all options.
How To Repair Corrupt/Damaged/Lost MS Access Database Files Automatically?
For this you just need to try the Access Database Repair N Recovery software. Access repair and recovery solution is capable of repairing corrupt MS Access (MDB/ACCDB) files whether it arises in any of the Access Database 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016 version. Making use of this software tool is the best option as it is the high end user friendly software that repairs damaged Access database safely and securely. Moreover, it incorporates several features that are as follows:
- Restores form and modules even though it is password encrypted.
- Recover linked tables, modules, forms, tables, indexes, reports, queries, relations, deleted records, and macros.
- Provides ‘Find’ feature to search for objects in the repaired database.
- Supports MS Access 2010/2013/2016 and other older versions.
- Works well with all OS VERSION 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, 2003 & XP.
If you are unable to apply the above given manual methods due to any reason then you should try a professional MS Access Repair tool. This recovery software is one of the best ways to get rid of any kind of errors and restore your damaged database without need of any backup.