This blog covers some best applicable fixes to resolve Access database 2542 error. Apart from that, you will also get to know about the possible reasons behind the occurrence of this error.
Error code: 2542
Declaration: Specify the database name in the command line such that Microsoft Access is able to find the macro
What Are The Signs To Identify Access Database Error 2542?
Access error 2542 is usually encountered when there is some issue arises with the file referencing. Here I have listed down some common signs to identify this Access 2542 error:
- This Access database error 2542 mainly hits at the time of Access database opening and system crashing.
- You will start getting the error message “Specify the database name in the command line such that Microsoft Access is able to find the macro”.
- When the Windows Operating System is running too slow and sluggishly on the input given through mouse or keyboard.
- The PC starts “freezes” very frequently.
- This error also hits during the installation of the Windows Operating System or while a Microsoft-related program might be running.
By keeping track of when and how these Access database errors 2542 occur, you can easily troubleshoot this error.
What Are The Reasons Behind Access Database Error 2542?
Sometimes it’s a very challenging task to identify the exact reason for this error. The following reasons trigger the Access database error 2542.
- Improper installation or corrupt MS Access software downloading.
- MS Access files corruption within the windows registry.
- Malware interruption in the Windows system files.
- Access database error 2542 also occurs due to a file referencing problem.
Now that you know why you are getting Access database error 2542, so try the fixes according to that.
How To Fix Access Database Error 2542?
Try the following fixes to resolve Access Database Error 2542:
Fix 1# Repair The Registry Entries
Making changes in the registry entries is a bit risky task to perform because a single mistake can havoc on the whole functioning of your PC.
It’s not that proficient to perform registry cleaning then you should use professional registry cleaner software.
This software automatically fetches the processes with missing file references, irrelevant entries, and broken links within the registry. Apart from this, the software also helps in improving your complete system performance and speed.
Fix 2# Run “Sfc/Scannow”
System File Checker (SFC) is the best-inbuilt tool to fix any type of Windows system-related problem. In order to use it, just follow the below-given steps:
- Go to the system start button and in the opened search box type cmd.
- Make right tap over the icon of the command prompt and then from the list of options choose the Run it as administrator option.
- Now in your opened cmd window enter the following command: sfc /scannow and hit Enter button.
- Also, follow the upcoming on-screen instructions. Wait till the whole process gets completed.
Fix 3# Give Complete Malware Scan To Your PC
As we have already discussed, error 2542 also occurs due to the Virus attack over the Access database files which is saved on your PC. So give a full Malware scan to your PC.
Therefore immediately install reliable anti-virus software for easy removal of Malware from your PC.
Fix 4# Repair/Reinstall MS Office
By repair Office application issues like Excel open and closes immediately can easily fix it.
Here are the steps that you need to perform.
- Close all MS Office apps if it is previously opened.
- Go to the option “Control Panel >programs> Uninstall a program”.
- Choose the MS Office program and then hit the Change tab.
- Hit the ‘Quick repair’ or ‘online repair’ In the next opened window tap to the ‘Repair‘ button.
- Hit the ‘Continue‘ option for repairing the installed MS Office program.
Fix 5# Repair ACCDB/MDB files
Even by trying all the given fixes if still, you are getting the same Access database error 2542 then you must try repairing your database file. For this task try the expert’s recommended Access database repair software.
This software helps you to fix Access database file corruption issues that happened due to any reason. And bring back your database file again to the working state.
With this proficient tool, you can easily repair corrupt Access database (.accdb/.mdb) files. Not only this, the software also recovers almost every type of database component, such as deleted records, forms, reports, etc.
You can easily check out the preview of your recoverable database items by using the trial version of this software.
So, this is all about how you can fix Specify the database name in the command line such that Microsoft Access is able to find the macro error.
It is estimated that after following the aforementioned solutions you are able to fix Access database error 2542.
As a precautionary step, you should always make a proper backup of all your Access database files and keep the MS Office application up to date.
In case you have any additional workarounds that proved successful or questions concerning the ones presented.