Many users reported when they open the database they are seeing the Access Error 3048: Cannot open any more databases. This is really troublesome and generally occurs when something terrible was gone in the access database.
Well, if you are the one also struggling with the 3048: Cannot Open Any More Databases Access error then this article is for you. Here learn how to fix this MS Access error and why you see the #3048 Access error.
A new Microsoft Office update Version 2201 Build 14827.20158 was released on January 26th of 2022. This update has fixed loading issues of linked images when you open a presentation in a window-less mode in the previous version.
Although there are many enhanced features for this update, after downloading the update many users complained that 3048: cannot open any more databases issue.
So, keep reading the article to find out how to fix the error. But first, it is essential to understand this error and why it occurs.
What does the Error Mean Access Error 3048: Cannot Open Any More Databases?
The Access Error 3048: Cannot open any more databases means that something went wrong with the Access database or the database has encountered some glitches which prevent you from opening the database and as a result you will see the error message on the screen.
What Causes Access Error 3048 – Cannot open any more databases?
- The main reason responsible for the Access Error 3048 – Cannot open any more databases is the latest Microsoft Office update, as most users are getting the update the office version.
- This error occurs on your PC when you open or works with the Microsoft database. This happens due to malware or virus on your PC, but it is not always the case.
- The underlying code within the database may be corrupt on your PC contributing to the problem.
- A few necessary Microsoft C++ Visual Redistributable packages are not updated on your PC.
How to Fix Access Error 3048: Cannot Open Any More Databases?
Here are a few effective solutions that will help you troubleshoot Access Error 3048 on your Windows PC. Before moving into the solutions, restart your PC and check if this works.
If still seeing the error then follow the below-listed solutions as instructed.
Solution 1: Add a New Trusted Location
Many users have suggested that adding a new trusted location to your Microsoft Access will help you troubleshoot Cannot open any more databases problem. It is very simple to implement this method. Follow these steps listed below.
- Open the Microsoft Access application where you face the error.
- Now, go to the File menu and click on it.
- Then, select Access Options.
- From the left pane, select Trust Center.
- In the right pane, click on Trust Center Settings.
- Now, press Trusted Locations.
- Then, press Add new location.
- Browse a new location and add it. Then, click on OK.
- Save the changes and check if this workaround helps you.
You May Also Read: 5 Fixes To Resolve Access Error 3049 – Cannot Open Database
Solution 2: Restore to Previous Version of Microsoft Packages
Restoring to the previous version of Microsoft Office 365 packages will help you fix the Cannot open any more databases error on your PC. To implement this solution, you have to install a tool from the internet as instructed below.
- Firstly, check the previous version number by visiting the Update history for Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise (listed by date) page. You can also decide on any previous versions by comparing their features.
- Now, visit the official site and download the Microsoft 365 Office Deployment tool on your PC.
- Wait until the tool is downloaded on your PC and install the file.
- Three configuration files will be downloaded on your PC along with a setup.exe file.
- Open Notepad and copy-paste the below XML. Save the file as Config.xml in the same location where the setup.exe file is saved.
<Updates Enabled=”TRUE” TargetVersion=”16.0.xxxxx.yyyyy” />
Note: In the XML text, replace 16.0.xxxxx.yyyyy with the previous version of the Microsoft 365 database you have noted down in the first step.
- Go to the search menu and type cmd.
- Now, select Run as administrator.
- Run the below-mentioned command and hit Enter.
setup.exe /configure config.xml
- Now, open the Microsoft app where you face the error and go to File followed by Account.
- Then, on the same screen, click on Update Options under Office Updates as shown.
- Now, click on the Update Now option as shown.
Note: If you get a prompt to log into your Microsoft account again, please proceed.
- This step is very important. You have to disable automatic updates for Office to prevent Office from updating to its latest version.
- Now, again open the Microsoft app where you face the error and go to File>Account.
- On the left screen, click on Update Options under Office Updates.
- Now, click on Disable Updates as shown.
This will resolve Access Error 3048 on your PC. If not, move to the next method.
Solution 3: Repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
You can also repair Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package to fix Cannot open any more databases error code 3048. Follow these steps as instructed.
- Go to the search menu and enter Apps & features. Then, open the results.
- Here, search for Microsoft Visual C++ and from the list available, press Modify.
- If you are prompted, click on Yes on the UAC box.
- In the next window, press Repair. Wait until the repairing process gets completed.
- Repeat all the available Microsoft C++ packages and restart the Windows 10 computer.
Launch the app and check if you have fixed Error 3048.
Solution 4: Reinstall Microsoft C++ Visual Redistributable
If you did not get any fix for 3048 cannot open any more databases after repairing the Microsoft C++ Visual Redistributable packages, then all you need to do is to reinstall them as instructed below.
- Again, type Apps & features in the search box and open the results.
- Now, search for Microsoft Visual C++ and then, tap Uninstall. Repeat these steps for all the packages and follow the upcoming instructions to uninstall all of them.
- Hit the Start key and enter the command prompt.
- Tap on Open to launch the command window.
- Then, type the following commands and click on the Enter key.
Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
- Once the DISM scan is complete, reboot Windows PC.
- Then, open your browser and go to the official Microsoft website. Download the latest Visual C++ Redistributable files for Visual Studio 2015, 2017, and 2019.
- Wait until all the files are downloaded on your PC. Install every package in My downloads by following the instructions.
- Once done, again restart the PC.
Open the Microsoft app and check if you face the same problem again. If the issue persists, then you have to reinstall the conflicting program as instructed below.
Solution 5: Re-install Conflicting Program
If all the above-listed solutions do not help you fix Access Error 3048 on your Windows 10 PC, then the last option is to reinstall the conflicting app as instructed below.
- Navigate to Settings on PC by clicking Windows and I keys.
- Now, press Apps.
- Then, scroll down the screen and search for Office apps. Then, click on it and select Uninstall.
- Then, confirm the upcoming prompts, and once the app uninstalls, clear the cache from AppData and LocalAppData folders. Then, restart the PC.
- Open Microsoft Store and install the app again. This will fix all the issues.
Recommended Option To Repair Corrupt Access Database File
It is highly recommended that you must take the help of a third-party MS Access Database Repair Tool. This software will help you to fix any type of corruption issues and errors encountered in your Access database. It comes with an advanced scanning algorithm that is very effective in repairing and recovering the complete database files and re-establishes all database components.
This tool is capable enough to repair the corrupt .mdb and .accdb file formats of the Access database. It comes with a self-descriptive user interface and therefore non-technical users can also easily operate this tool and easily retrieve back all the Access database objects such as tables, forms, reports, queries, restraints, macros, database relationships, and other data.
It is very simple to fix 3048: cannot open any more databases by following these solutions on your Windows PC. If you have any doubts or queries, feel free to drop them. We would love to hear from you!