Are you also struggling hard to fix Access is not responding error message in your Access 2010/2013 or 2016 application?
This can be the most sarcastic situation as it will make the situation worse and hamper your office work significantly. You must have made several attempts to fix this issue but all go wasted.
Well, if so is the situation, it is the right time to take some powerful measures to remove the error immediately.
Now it’s high time to get rid of this MS Access not responding error. For this, you just need to scroll down to this post and read the mentioned steps carefully. After a complete understanding of the steps, approach to try it in your Access application.
Before digging up for the solution it’s important to know what makes this error to get happen.
Here is the screenshot of Access is not responding error:
Best Software To Fix “Access Not Responding” Error
Well, mostly it is seen that such a situation of Access not responding issue generates when either some of your database components stopped working or when the database is got corrupted.
So for such cases, I always recommended using a reliable database repair tool.
If by trying the manual fixes of this post, your problem won’t resolve then also you don’t need to get upset. As you can try this alternative solution of using Access Repair And Recovery software.
This software is well-capable of repairing corrupt MS Access (MDB and ACCDB) files which ultimately resolve ‘Access 2016 not responding’ error.
Making use of the Access repair and recovery tool is the best option as it is the high-end user-friendly software that repairs damaged Access database safely and securely. Moreover, it incorporates several features that are as follows:
- Restores form and modules even though it is password encrypted.
- Recover linked tables, forms, tables, indexes, reports, queries, relations, deleted records, modules, and macros.
- It provides the ‘Find’ feature to search for objects in the repaired database.
- Supports MS Access 2010/2013/2016 and other older versions.
- Works well with all OS VERSION 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, 2003 & XP.
Steps To Use MS Access Repair And Recovery Tool
I am using Access 2013 application. My form contains a big query and it work just fine but when I click the mouse anywhere inside the form the message Access Not Responding appears in top line with program name and the system halt.
Any suggestion please.
Thanks in advance
Common Reasons Of “Access Database Not Responding” Error
There are various reasons that can easily corrupt or damaged MS Access database file. This will ultimately end up to Access application not responding like issues. Below here are some of the common reasons that are responsible for Access MDB/ACCDB file not responding issue:
- Virus/Malware attack – Virus or malware attacks can corrupt any data stored on your system including your stored Access MDB file. Hence, protect your PC with anti-virus or anti-malware program.
- Sudden system shutdown – When you are accessing your Access MDB file and if your system shutdown unexpectedly or suddenly then it may leave the MDB database damaged.
- Bad sector available in hard drive – If a bad sector is available in your hard drive where your Access MDB file is stored then it is obvious that your database will get corrupt/damage. In this case, you will only be able to read part of the MDB file and it may be full of errors.
- Fault in Network Connection – Access Database located on the server and when you try to access the database from another system through network links and if there is some connection issue then it becomes inaccessible. While accessing the database if there is any fault in network connection, then accessing the database remotely can make it corrupted.
- Improper exist of MS Access application – If your MS Access application exit improperly or shuts down abnormally while you are working on your MDB database, then the jet database engine will mark the database as damaged or corrupted. This can happen when your system gets shut down due to power failure when you close the application through Task manager or when you turn off your computer without closing MS Access or windows properly.
So, these are some common reasons that can corrupt or damage the MS Access database files and leads to Access not responding issues.
Nevertheless, you can repair and recover it with the help of appropriate MS Access Database Repair software.
What so ever the reason is, it becomes imperative for users to get rid of all discrepancies so that their Access database usage gets effective…!
Few methods To Remove Access Database Not Responding Issues
Few methods that you can try to remove discrepancies in MS Access application and the database files that can either be ACCDB or MDB files.
- Make use of the inbuilt Compact and Repair method.
- Import and restore the corrupt database into the new database.
- Turn-off the AutoCorrect feature.
- Run Office Diagnostics.
- Remove unnecessary programs.
- Upgrade anti-virus to the latest version.
Fixes To Resolve Access Not Responding Issue
Methods 1: Remove The Stand-Alone Installation Of Microsoft Access.
Add Access from the office professional 2010 installation using the following steps:
- Close all open Office 2010 programs.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Add/Remove programs or Programs and Features
- Select the Office 2010 installation.
- Select Change and Add or Remove
- Tap to the Continue option.
- On the left of Microsoft Access, from the dropdown, select either “Run from my computer” or “Run all from my computer”.
Note: “Run from my computer” helps you to select or deselect features to install with Microsoft Access.
- Hit the continue option. This will start Microsoft Office 2010 reconfiguration.
Method 2: Import Corrupt Database
Try importation of corrupt Access database into a new Access 2016 database file by following these steps:
- Open MS Access and create a new database file.
- Tap on Access to import Access database under the External Data tab.
In the next pop-up window, click on Browse and locate the database file while it is imported.
- Specify the place and techniques to store data in a new database and then click OK.
- In the next window select for all database objects that you want to import and Click to the Ok.
Now that you have both the option for fixing up Access database not responding issue. So it;’s your choice, whether you want to go with the manual fixes or want to try the software solution to repair Access database.
So, give it a try and see the best effect it makes!