Sometimes while handling MS Access database, you may come across several errors of aces database. Error 0x80004005 usually comes up in association with any of the program which tells you that there is some unspecified error. It generally encounters either when you are trying to access shared folder or on a Virtual Box. Here are some prominent solutions to remove such access error without losing your precious data.
Error Message 1: The search key was not found in any record, Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005).
If you encounter such error that means Access database has been corrupted. In order to fix this error, you have to repair the database. Follow the given steps to fix it, if your database is on remote server.
- In Microsoft Access, open the database and click on “Tools” menu and select “Database Utilities -> Compact and Repair Database”.
- Again upload the database to the server after repairing using FTP.
Error Message 2: General error unable to open registry key, “Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x6cc Thread 0x78c DBC 0x144cfc4 Jet”. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers.
- However, there is not meticulous reason for arrival of this error but it may occur because of incorrect path of the database.
- In order to fix this error, you have to check the path of the database is correct or not.
Error Message 3: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver]. The Jet database engine cannot open the file. You need permission to view this data or it is already opened by another user. Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC Drivers error “80004005”
Reasons behind of this error message are,
- While accessing the local MS Access database which is connect to the table where the table is an Access database on a network server.
- Data Source and file name are marked as Exclusive.
- Another reason for this error is delegation issue so check for the authentication method if there any. Try to use basic authentication if the universal naming convention is used for connection string or absolute path like C:\Mydata\ Data.mdb.it issues might also arrive.
Error Message 4: Object or Database is Read only. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error “80004005”.
- This error normally arrives when user tries to update or insert data in Access Database. That means you do not have permission to write the database.
- Ensure your database id uploaded to the /db folder that is place at the similar directory level as www.
Error message 5: It may not be a database that your application recognizes, Microsoft JET Database Engine error “8000405”. File may be corrupt or cannot Open Database.
This error usually arrives in a common server situation. Many users accessing Access database at the same time. Here are some solutions to fix this error,
- Convert to a SQL database.
- If your database is in MS Access 97 version then upgrade it to Access 2000 or later and again upload your database.
Error Message 6: Microsoft JET Database Engine error “80004005”, Table “ tblTable” is exclusively locked by users on Machine “My Machine”.
- This error unable user to access the table or that you already has the table open in “Design View” in MS Access.
- Close Access file and try again.
Even after trying the above technique if the database errors still persist then the recommended solution is to use MS Access Repair and Recovery tool. You can easily fix database error with the help of this tool and also able to recover data. This tool is able to fix any type of database corruption and also easily recover the corrupt indexes, relation, queries, tables, modules, password protected forms etc. This software will work on all version of Windows operating system like Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/2003/Vista/7/8/8.1.
Steps to Fix ‘80004005’ Error Message in MS Access Database
Step 1: Download and install the software and select the corrupted Access database for repairing.
Step 2: The software will give you the list of all searched files in a drive. Select the file you want to repair and click on “Repair” button.
Step 3: The recovering process is get started and you see the log report for analysis.
Step 4: Once the recovering process is get over, click on “OK” button to see the preview of the file database objects.
Step 5: You can now preview the repaired file.
Step 6: By default, the software will save the repaired database to the location where the corrupted database was saved but with the new name. You can also select the desired location to save repaired database.
Step 7: Your saving is in process.
Step 8: Saving completed.