Frequently receiving Access 1919 – Configuring ODBC Data Source Error Codes while you run the setup program listed in the applies to section? Want to know how can you fix this off? If yes, then your are at the right place as in this tutorial we will discuss on how to troubleshoot this specific Access error 1919 odbc.
What Are The Causes Of Access 1919 Error?
Access 1919 Error- Configuring Odbc Data Source is the Hexadecimal format of the error caused. This is common error code format that’s used by windows and other windows compatible software and driver vendors as well.
This code is used by the vendor to identify that cause of the error. 1919 – Configuring Odbc Data Source error code has a numeric error number and a technical description too. In some cases the error may have more parameters. This additional hexadecimal code is the address of the memory locations where the instruction(s) was loaded at the time of the error.
While running any setup of program listed in the “Applies to” section, you may receive the following error message:
Error 1919: Error configuring ODBC data source: MS Access Database. ODBC error 6: Component not found in the registry. Verify that the file MS Access Database exists and that you can access it.
If you click Ignore, you may receive the following error message:-
Error 1919: Error configuring ODBC data source: Excel Files. ODBC error 0: Verify that the file Excel Files exists and that you can access it
You may also receive any one of the following error messages:-
Error 1919: Error configuring ODBC data source: MS Access Database. ODBC error 0: Verify that the file MS Access Database exists and that you can access it.
Error 1919: Error configuring ODBC data source: Visual FoxPro Database. ODBC error 0: Verify that the file Visual FoxPro Database exists and that you can access it.
Error 1919: Error configuring ODBC data source: Visual FoxPro Tables. ODBC error 0: Verify that the file Visual FoxPro Tables exists and that you can access it.
Error 1919: Error configuring ODBC data source: dBASE Files. ODBC error 6:
Verify that the file dBASE Files exists and that you can access it.
How To Easily Fix Access 1919 Error -Configuring Odbc Data Source ?
There are actually two (2) ways to fix Error 1919: Error 1919 configuring odbc data source windows 10:
Method 1: Reset the Registry Keys by Using the Mdac.inf File
Make use of the Mdac.inf to reset the registry keys.
Note – well this specific program may ask you for your Windows CD to get new files.
Try one of the following methods as appropriate for your operating system and if you have the windows CD.
For the Retail Editions of Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Windows XP
- Tap to start and then hit the Run
- In the opened box, type path\inf. In this path is path of your windows folder and tap to the OK
Type C:\Windows\Inf or C:\Winnt\Inf. By default, C:\Windows is the folder where Windows XP is installed.
By default, C:\Winnt is the folder where Windows 2000 is installed and the folder where Windows XP is installed if you upgraded Windows 2000 to Windows XP.
- From the Tools menu, tap to the Folder
- On the view tab, in Advanced Settings box, tap to the Show hidden files and folders. After then tap to the Click
- Make a right tap to the inf, and then hit the Install option.
- If you are asked for Windows CD, insert the Windows CD in the CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive.
- Tap to the I386 folder on your hard disk (typically, C:\I386), and then hit the OK option.Note:
Well you can’t select the I386 folder if it’s a subfolder of the windows folder, on some computer. in such situation, type the complete path in the Copy files from box (for example, type
C:\Winnt\I386), and then click
- After completing all this, just restart your PC.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
METHOD 2: Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):
1) Start your computer and log on as an administrator.
2) Got to the Start button then select All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> and then click System Restore.
3) In the new coming window, select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option and then click “Next”.
4) Select the most recent system restore point from the “On this list, click a restore point” list, and click Next.
5) Again click “Next” on the confirmation window.
6) Restarts the computer when the restoration is finished.
Method 3: Import the registry keys from another computer on the network
When doing such importation of the registry keys from another computer, make sure source computer and destination computer run on the same OS.
Export the keys from the registry on the “source” computer
Try these below mentioned steps on the system that is not missing the keys i.e source computer.
- Tap to the start option and after then hit to the run option.
- In the opened box type the regedit , and then hit the OK option.
- Search and then click the following registry key:
- On the File menu, tap to the Export option.
- Now in the save in box, assign the location for temporary saving of the registration file i.e .reg file.
- Give any name to your file typing the file name and then click the save option.
- Search and click the following keys.
- For the exportation of the keys, repeat step number 4 and 5.
The above mentioned manual solution to resolve Access Error 1919 contains modification in the registry. But sometime serious issues might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Make sure that you follow these steps carefully. You can restore the registry if problem occurs. For better protection, back-up the registry before you modify it. After then you can restore the registry if problem occurs.