In our today’s topic we will talk about one very commonly encountered issue of Microsoft Access i.e error 1907 could not register font. So catch complete detail about Microsoft Access error 1907 could not register font and best fixes to troubleshoot it.
Microsoft Access Error Code 1907 Info:
MS Access error code 1907 encountered while installing, opening, upgrading, or uninstalling MS Office 365, Access 2016 or Access 2013. It’s a clear sign that some unknown issue persists in the Microsoft Office Access application.
This specific Access Error Code 1907 is not only reserved for MS Access users. Whereas, the error also conquered by users of MS Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, Power Point application. Meanwhile upgrading their respective MS Office or after upgrading their system operating system to Windows 10.
Before diving for the fixes, first check out the main reasons of this error code 1907. As this will help you out to fix error 1907 could not register font in more easy and quick way.
Here is the screenshot of the error:
Causes Of Error 1907 Could Not Register Font:
Following are reasons of encountering Microsoft Access Error Code 1907;Could Not Register Font:
- Your system must be installed with 2 different versions of MS Access.
- This error also occurs if the installation of MS Office or office 365 gets failed in the middle of installation procedure.
- Due to the corruption of MS Office system file.
- Previous installation was not completely or properly removed.
- You may have downloaded the partial setup
- May be your application is troubling with some network conflicts issue.
- Windows firewall and Antivirus shield might be restricting the office installation.
- Tamp and logs files.
- MS Office Access application didn’t completely update.
- Improper installation of Windows Update.
Now that you know what reasons are actually responsible for error 1907 could not register font Access 2016. So, it’s recommended to strictly follow the below mentioned steps one by one. After applying each fixes check out whether the problem is resolved or not.
How To Fix MS Access Error 1907 Could Not Register Font?
Method 1# System File checking or SFC Scan to fix Error code 1907
System file checker (SFC) tool is the latest technique to make a cross check and match for the corrupt/lost system files.
Through this utility just you can scan off your and retrieve the corrupt/lost files. If the Windows resource protection files somehow missed out, then your PC will start behaving differently. Your MS Access application also suffers issues like:
Here are the following steps to run sfc.exe or System file checker tool
- Tap to the Windows key
- Now search for the cmd or command prompt
- Make a right click on the command prompt option and run it as administrator.
- After opening of the command prompt area. Just type the below mentioned command and hit on the enter option.
After doing this, the above command will make a complete scan and verify the protected system files. Also retrieve back the corrupted or damaged files along with one cached copy present in the PC at
It represents the Windows System folder.
Note: it’s recommended not to shut down the command prompt unless the verification reaches to 100%.
- Now make a check whether the error 1907 could not register font is fixed or not.
Method 2# Rebuilt/Repair Office Registry keys to Fix Error Code 1907
It is also seen that MS Access error 1907 could not register font also encounters in the registry corruptions situation.
Such registry corruption issue occurs due to the installation of unidentified applications or outdated antivirus version. So, it’s needed to check the status of registry key for the successful installation of Microsoft Office 365 or Access 2016 or 2013.
For checking out the registry key status, follow the below mentioned steps:
- First of all open the registry Editor
- After then check out the default values set in
Follow the Registry navigation given below to check the status:
If default key in Office common registry is set as 1 or 0, delete the key and click Ok
- Check For Default Values Set In
Just follow up these below mentioned Registry navigation to check out the status:
Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1 -5-21-1499667035-1142950880-1989581963-1 001\
Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1 -5-21-1499667035-1142950880-1989581963-1 001\Software\
Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1 -5-21-1499667035-1142950880-1989581963-1 001\Software\Microsoft\
Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1 -5-21-1499667035-1142950880-1989581963-1 001\Software\Microsoft\Office\
Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1 -5-21-1499667035-1142950880-1989581963-1 001\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common
Well the default key in the MS Office registry is either set to 0 or 1. So delete the key and tap to the OK option.
Method 3: Uninstall & Reinstall Latest MS Office programs
In many cases, it is seen that former version of MS Access installed on PC won’t allow installation of the latest MS Office 2016/ Office 365/Office 2013 for avoiding duplication.
This may display the error 1907 could not register font meanwhile installing or upgrading the MS Access application. Therefore it’s recommended to uninstall or remove the previously installed MS Access application before installing up the latest one.
A) To uninstall or update previous version of office:
- Open the control panel and then choose the programs and features
- Hit on the Microsoft Office and choose the Uninstall option
- After finishing off the un-installation process. Install the latest version of Office. And then check for the error 1907 could not register font; whether it gets fixed or not.
B) Remove duplicate Office contents:
For 32 bit version:
- Then go to your system C:/Program files and then hit on the Microsoft Office folder.
- From this folder delete the MS Office 15, MS Office 16 & MS Office folders
For 64 bit version:
- Then go to your system C:/program files(x86) and then hit on the Microsoft Office folder.
- After then delete the Microsoft Office 15, Microsoft Office 16 & Microsoft Office folders.
C) Remove Previous Office Keys Manually:
- In your PC open the registry editor
- After then browse for the below keys in the registry editor
- Once you find these just delete off these keys
D) Remove the Office scheduled tasks
- To perform this, firstly open the Command Prompt window by run as administrator.
- Now in the opened command prompt Window. Just type the below mentioned commands and make press Enter after typing each command:
schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office Automatic Updates”
schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office Subscription Maintenance”
schtasks.exe /delete /tn “\Microsoft\Office\Office Click To Run Service Monitor”
Method 4: Close The Problematic Process From The Task Manager:
- Firstly open the Task Manager
- After then tap on the Process tab
- In the opened list of task manger if any of the following processes are seems running. Then make a right-click on each process and then tap to the End task button.
Method 5: Delete off the Start menu shortcuts
- Open the Command Prompt Window by run as administrator.
- Now in the opened cmd Window type the following path and after that press the enter option.
- After then delete the folder of “Microsoft Office 2016 Tools”.
If you are still encountering the error 1907 could not register font then urgently contact with technical expert to solve it. Apart from this if you are encountering any other issue related to Access database then let us know by asking query in the FAQ section.