It is not surprising to encounter run-time errors while handling your Access database. But recently several users have reported the strange error “Microsoft Access can’t move the focus to the control (Error 2110)”. Thus, if you are one such user who is facing the same problem, you must check out this post.
Here, you will find different workable solutions to fix Access error code 2110 with less effort.
Table of Content:
- Close Conflicting Programs
- Run the VBA Code
- Reinstall the Runtime Libraries
- Reinstall Graphics Driver
- Free Up Disk Space
- Use the Best & Reliable Tool to Repair & Recover Corrupt Access Database
What Does Run-Time Error 2110: Access Can’t Move the Focus to the Control Mean?
When this run-time error 2110 VBA occurs, it simply means that you can’t perform a single task to your Access database as it causes the entire program to shut down.
Screenshot Of the Error:
Although, this error is generally triggered by incompatible or conflicting programs running simultaneously. But sometimes, it can also take place due to a bad graphics driver, memory problem, or virus infection.
Regardless of the reasons behind the occurrence of Microsoft Access runtime error 2110, it can be easily fixed by applying some effective ways mentioned below.
How To Solve Microsoft Access Can’t Move the Focus to The Control (Error 2110)?
Way 1- Close Conflicting Programs
As already mentioned above, incompatible or conflicting programs running simultaneously can lead to this problem.
Therefore, consider stopping the conflict programs running in the background of your desktop.
To do this, follow the below steps:
- First, click on Ctrl + Alt + Delkeys together on your Windows desktop.
- Then, click on the Task Manager.
- Here, you’ll get the list of the currently running programs in your desktop’s background.
- Next, go to Processes tab and stop each of the programs by clicking on End Process button.
- Once, you have completed these steps now, check for the error.
Also Read: 5 Tricks To Fix Access Database Error 2542
Way 2- Run the VBA Code
When I went through several forums & community websites, I found that many users have solved this problem by running the VBA command.
Thus, if you are eager to troubleshoot Access error 2110 can’t move the focus to the control, run the below streamlined VBA code in MS Access:
Way 3- Reinstall the Runtime Libraries
Most of the time, such sort of run-time errors can occur due to either using an outdated version of MS Visual C++ package or not being installed properly on your device.
All you need to do is to just install a fresh & current copy of the MS Visual C++ package to fix run-time error 2110 VBA.
- Firstly, uninstall the previously installed Microsoft Visual C++ package by navigating to Programs & Features.
- Then, find Microsoft Visual C++ Package.
- After this, click on the Uninstall option which you can on top of a list.
- Restart your PC.
- Finally, download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Package from the Microsoft & then install it.
Way 4- Reinstall Graphics Driver to Fix Microsoft Access Can’t Move the Focus to The Control
If this run-time error is associated with a bad graphics driver, you should consider reinstalling it immediately.
For this, you have to follow the below steps:
- Press Windows + X keys >> click on Device Manager to open it.
- Find the graphics driver.
- Then, make right-click on a video card driver >> tap Uninstall.
- Finally, restart your PC & install it again.
- Now, check if the error is fixed.
Way 5- Free Up Disk Space
When your system is running low disk space, then you may also receive this runtime error 2110. Simple, free up some space on your device’s hard drive and restart your computer. This will eventually solve this problem.
Use the Best & Reliable Tool to Repair & Recover Corrupt Access Database
If you are looking for a risk-free way to fix MS Access runtime error 2110 can’t move focus, you should opt for the recommended solution i.e Access Database Repair & Recovery Tool.
This software has the ability to repair & recover the corrupted Access database .ACCDB & .MDB file successfully.
Key features of this tool:
- Retrieve the entire database table.
- Easily repair & recovers password-protected forms & modules.
- Shows preview of recovered database files.
- It supports numerous versions of the Access database including 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010, installed on Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, 2003, & XP versions.
So, simply download & install this program on your computer & resolve this error if occurred due to database corruption.
Once installed successfully, follow the below steps:
To Sum Up:
If you try all the aforementioned methods along with following their guidelines strictly then you can definitely fix Microsoft Access can’t move the focus to the control.