Have you losted or deleted up your table from Access Database? And looking for some easy ways to get back your MS Access table? Well if you are frequently encountering this issue then don’t worry just try the following fixes and get easy relieve from this sarcastic situation.
Is The Recovery Of Deleted MS Access Table Is Possible?
Yes, the recovery of the deleted Access table is possible. Because when you delete a table/query in Access, they actually don’t get permanently deleted until Access is compacted using the compact and repair.
Though access displays the object as deleted but still there is a possibility to reverse it back. When the Access Database items get flagged as ‘deleted’ Access renames them to ~TMPCLP##### (#=Number) or similar. So by default the names of the items are lost. Well in the jet database engine of MS Access version 2010/2013/2016, table names are usually recovered using the Unicode NameMap translation property of the table.
How To Recover Corrupt Access Database Table?
When Database corruption occurs, the first and foremost solution you need to try is manual fixes. You must try the following mentioned fixes to resolve Access Database Table Corruption. Here are some manual techniques to rectify database corruption.
Method 1: Restore Access Database Table
For the recovery of the deleted table, you need to import the object from the backup into the database which contains the tables that you want to restore.
- Firstly you need to open the database that you want to restore deleted access database table.
- To restore missing table, that were; lost due to accidental deletion of table, then skip to step 3. For replacing a table which contains corrupted data or the Access database stopped working suddenly, perform following operation:
- To preserve the current object
- Or to delete the object which you want to replace.
- From the External Data tab, in Import group, tap to Access
- From the Get External Data dialog box, tap to the Browse option to locate the backup database.
- Tap to the Import tables, queries, forms, reports, macros, and modules into the current database, and then tap to the OK
- In the Import Objects dialog box, hit the tab that corresponds to type of object that you to restore.
- Tap to the object to select it.
- If you want to restore more objects, repeat step number 6 and 7 until you have selected all the objects you want to restore.
- You need to adjust the import options. In import Objects dialog box; click the Options button to review these options before importing your objects.
- Finish selecting objects and setting options, click Ok to restore objects.
You may also like:
Method 2# Use The Convert Database option
If you have a copy of database in original format then use the Convert Database command. To do this, follow these steps:
Access 2000, Access 2002, or Access 2003
- Make a backup copy of the original database.
- Start Access 2000 or any later version.
- Go to the Tool menu, click Database Utilities, then tap to the Convert Database, and then click To Access 2000 File Format.
- In the database to convert from dialog box, click the database file name that you needs to convert and then click to the Convert
- In the Convert Database Into dialog box, assign new name of the database file and then click to the Save.
Method 3# Repairing Access Database And Recovering Data
- Restore the database from backup file – that is why backups are very important.
- Delete .ldb file that is auto-created by jet database engine when database is opened.
- Use the Jet Compact Utility that has been specifically designed to rectify minor corruptions in Access database.
- Remove all complied VBA code from database. This is done using command line switch from Microsoft:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MsAccess.exe /decompile
Change the path shown above for MsAccess.exe if you installed it to a different location.
- You can also make use of the MS Access ‘Compact & Repair’built-in feature. Here are the steps to fix Access database corruption using this inbuilt feature.
- Open MS Access and then go to the Database Tools-> Compact & Repair Database.
- Select the corrupted file and click on Ok.
- Then you will see the selected file will get rectified on completion of the process.
Method 4# Table Recovery From Datasheet View:
- Firstly you need to make a copy of your damaged access database table.
- Either you re-create or just paste the structure of your damaged access database table into your new table.
- After then open up your damaged access database table and then copy the table structure so that both the tables appears similar to you.
- Now go to your damaged Access database table. On the View menu, click Datasheet View. After then select the complete records of your old database by tapping to the record selectors which are blank buttons to the left of each record. On the Edit menu, click Copy option just to copy records from the damaged database table.
- Now go to the new table and put the pointer in a location which will keep the pointer in the same location as it located in damaged database table. On the Edit menu, tap to the Paste option.
- Make repetition of steps 4 through 6 using single records or small groups of records until you get an error message while testing only corrupted records which remain. If any data can’t be moved to new table then re-type that data.
- When all records is been moved to the new table, then you just have to make a new blank database in Access with different name other than damaged database.
- Now import your new database and all undamaged objects from damaged database table into this new database. After then quit the
- It’s time to rename the damaged database or move the damaged database into new location. Delete .ldb file for corrupted database if .ldb file exists and then shift the database to the location you want.
- Now rename repaired database with the same name as of damaged database.
Automatic Solution To Retrieve Deleted Access Database Tables!
For the recovery of the Access Database files data you need to try the manual solution first and if it won’t work then approach for the third party software tool.
Access Repair And Recovery software is particularly designed to repair corrupt or damaged mdb or accdb files. It comes with powerful algorithm that scans even severely corrupted access database files. It also has highly interactive GUI that helps user to easily operate and repair Access database without making changes in the original structure of the file. It easily restores damage or corrupt tables, queries, indexes and other data.
This tool can easily fix all minor and major database errors and problems of MS Access 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 on almost all version of Windows operating system such as Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/2003. Free trial version is available that you can install to check the features and reliability of the software.
Steps To Fix Corrupted Microsoft Access Database Table
Hopefully, all the aforementioned solution will help you in easy recovery of corrupted/deleted/lost Access Database table. So, just try the above mentioned manual and automatic fixes and do share your experiences with us in our comment section.